May 19, 2009
I Put it Out There
This morning at the lab from 7:20 until 8:50, we got nothing accomplished. Chris hadn't had anything to eat or drink since he had been up and the technicians were waiting on approval to do a certain test, etc. so it just didn't happen. It's going to have to wait until next Tuesday now.
On top of it, the urine collection was a bust. When he woke up it was empty so I checked again before we left the house and still empty, so I left it on him figuring he was eventually going to go. Well he must have went while we were at the lab and it overflowed and the bag seperated from his skin and the urine ended up in the diaper. So now I don't have another urine collection bag because only one came in the kit. Candy at Southside Medical Supply was the best thing that happened to me today. She went ABOVE and BEYOND to work something out for me to substitute a urine collection bag and she did this for me and didn't charge me a nickel because all I really needed was one bag and they came sold in 15 for $95. We need more people like Candy in this world...I'll remember her forever. I keep encountering so many generous people these days...how lucky am I? I have a good story about someone new I met last week who was my inspiration for the week. Yeah, that is what these experiences are with these new people making an impact on my life in some way, shape, or form...inspiring. I'll post my email coorespondence with this person as soon as Chris can figure out how I can do it because I had trouble with it before.
No playground tonight and it shows. It's 10:20 and he is wide awake...I know he needs some input because he is kind of high strung, but I don't want to get off the couch. He needs tons of movement. The reason why no playground was because we also had his follow up eye doctor appointment and they had to dialate his eyes. Nothing new out of that...the exam went great...I am now satisfied.
I spilled the beans to my neighbor tonight. The timing was right so I figured I get it out of the way. Now the word will spread...I don't think we have any other kids with autism in the neighborhood. Surprisingly, because they are popping up all over the place. So now we'll be the family with the autistic child...that's how some people will describe us. It's okay...I'm fine with it, but you can bet that I will never say a remark like that about anyone else EVER again.
On top of it, the urine collection was a bust. When he woke up it was empty so I checked again before we left the house and still empty, so I left it on him figuring he was eventually going to go. Well he must have went while we were at the lab and it overflowed and the bag seperated from his skin and the urine ended up in the diaper. So now I don't have another urine collection bag because only one came in the kit. Candy at Southside Medical Supply was the best thing that happened to me today. She went ABOVE and BEYOND to work something out for me to substitute a urine collection bag and she did this for me and didn't charge me a nickel because all I really needed was one bag and they came sold in 15 for $95. We need more people like Candy in this world...I'll remember her forever. I keep encountering so many generous people these days...how lucky am I? I have a good story about someone new I met last week who was my inspiration for the week. Yeah, that is what these experiences are with these new people making an impact on my life in some way, shape, or form...inspiring. I'll post my email coorespondence with this person as soon as Chris can figure out how I can do it because I had trouble with it before.
No playground tonight and it shows. It's 10:20 and he is wide awake...I know he needs some input because he is kind of high strung, but I don't want to get off the couch. He needs tons of movement. The reason why no playground was because we also had his follow up eye doctor appointment and they had to dialate his eyes. Nothing new out of that...the exam went great...I am now satisfied.
I spilled the beans to my neighbor tonight. The timing was right so I figured I get it out of the way. Now the word will spread...I don't think we have any other kids with autism in the neighborhood. Surprisingly, because they are popping up all over the place. So now we'll be the family with the autistic child...that's how some people will describe us. It's okay...I'm fine with it, but you can bet that I will never say a remark like that about anyone else EVER again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I don't know what to say -- you're right, you are the family the autistic child, but you are so much more than that, and so blessed in many ways!!!
Love ya,
Karen
Post a Comment