March 4, 2009
Of Course
Another good day today...I'm liking these consecutive good days, they keep me on the ball and focused with him.
He was patient with the Legos today playing together with Bella and I. He usually loses interest as soon as he can't stack one on the other, but he allowed me to help him and did just fine.
A lot of word repeating and animal sounds today...I am very satisfied with his progress in speech. I'm also noticing that he only reverses the sounds in certain words. This motor planning problem is affecting only certain words in his speech, so I don't know how much dyspraxic they would call him. One of the words is HELP. He says it as PLEH...it's wild to understand how his brain works. I can see why researchers are all over this stuff...
His need for visual stimulation has been out of control in the past couple days though. He now moves the kitchen table chairs into a position so that he can continuously run around the table and watch the spindles in the chairs as he runs by. It's very weird and probably disturbing to someone who doesn't understand what he is doing.
Melissa this special ed teacher comes tomorrow and then she'll be meeting us at the open gym on Friday too. She usually picks up on his conditions in her work with him, I always feel like he's really bad after she leaves. Not bad in terms of behavior, but his condition. The things she does seems to showcase all of his disabilities, obviously because she wants to work on them, but it's tough on me. Having Chris here would make a world of difference on how I deal with it, but someone has to pay the bills.
The day ended on a good note though. We went upstairs to get ready for bed and he went right in my room to look for his blanket. He walked up to the bed and said BED, meaning that he wanted to get up on it (progress in his expressive language) and then he said T.B. meaning he wanted me to turn the television on. Go figure, he won't tell me if he wants something to drink, but to turn on the tv, no problem.
He was patient with the Legos today playing together with Bella and I. He usually loses interest as soon as he can't stack one on the other, but he allowed me to help him and did just fine.
A lot of word repeating and animal sounds today...I am very satisfied with his progress in speech. I'm also noticing that he only reverses the sounds in certain words. This motor planning problem is affecting only certain words in his speech, so I don't know how much dyspraxic they would call him. One of the words is HELP. He says it as PLEH...it's wild to understand how his brain works. I can see why researchers are all over this stuff...
His need for visual stimulation has been out of control in the past couple days though. He now moves the kitchen table chairs into a position so that he can continuously run around the table and watch the spindles in the chairs as he runs by. It's very weird and probably disturbing to someone who doesn't understand what he is doing.
Melissa this special ed teacher comes tomorrow and then she'll be meeting us at the open gym on Friday too. She usually picks up on his conditions in her work with him, I always feel like he's really bad after she leaves. Not bad in terms of behavior, but his condition. The things she does seems to showcase all of his disabilities, obviously because she wants to work on them, but it's tough on me. Having Chris here would make a world of difference on how I deal with it, but someone has to pay the bills.
The day ended on a good note though. We went upstairs to get ready for bed and he went right in my room to look for his blanket. He walked up to the bed and said BED, meaning that he wanted to get up on it (progress in his expressive language) and then he said T.B. meaning he wanted me to turn the television on. Go figure, he won't tell me if he wants something to drink, but to turn on the tv, no problem.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment