March 29, 2009
Here's the WHOLE Story
So we are just starting to rebound from the shock of the OT eval and are about to embark on some new adventures in this journey. As I said, Chris did not qualify for OT services because he fell within the range for a 28 month old with most of the things that they checked him on. They wanted to see how he threw and caught a ball, if he could open a twist top, do puzzles, jump, build block towers, etc. Most of which he did no problem. He had difficulty catching, but it was a tennis ball and if it were a beach ball, he probably would have caught it no problem. So out of this comes another evaluation, this time physical therapy. PT would address the gross motor issues like jumping, running, throwing, catching, and all of the motor planning etc. This evaluation is scheduled for April 16th, hopefully he'll qualify and we'll have a recommendation report to take to Strong with us.
We start the parent/child developmental group at the Mary Cariola center this Thursday. I'm excited for that because he will have a great time and being in an environment where he is welcome to be himself will be comforting for me. I am sure nothing will phase the other mothers.
They also have a parent support group after class, so I hope the mothers are cool. Most moms I met online that have special needs kids like Chris have been wonderful.
Got the results from his blood work and it has been confirmed that he does NOT have a milk allergy or Celiac's disease. I was thrilled to hear this news, and offered him a Gogurt. I thought I would ease dairy back in gradually until the bad poopie diaper came on Saturday. I turned into a lunatic worried about it because anticipating the first poopie diaper after having dairy was stressful enough and when I saw it I lost it. They got worse as the day went on but then I started thinking that he might have a stomach bug because Michael had bad diarrhea and was drinking Chrissy's juice on Friday. So for now, no dairy until this clears up and I can be sure that he is back to normal. I'm tired of being stressed out over damn poop.
We start the parent/child developmental group at the Mary Cariola center this Thursday. I'm excited for that because he will have a great time and being in an environment where he is welcome to be himself will be comforting for me. I am sure nothing will phase the other mothers.
They also have a parent support group after class, so I hope the mothers are cool. Most moms I met online that have special needs kids like Chris have been wonderful.
Got the results from his blood work and it has been confirmed that he does NOT have a milk allergy or Celiac's disease. I was thrilled to hear this news, and offered him a Gogurt. I thought I would ease dairy back in gradually until the bad poopie diaper came on Saturday. I turned into a lunatic worried about it because anticipating the first poopie diaper after having dairy was stressful enough and when I saw it I lost it. They got worse as the day went on but then I started thinking that he might have a stomach bug because Michael had bad diarrhea and was drinking Chrissy's juice on Friday. So for now, no dairy until this clears up and I can be sure that he is back to normal. I'm tired of being stressed out over damn poop.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment