March 2, 2009
Cheers!
So again we are going to try something different tonight with bedtime. He seems to go down easily for Chris, which the ST (speech therapist) said is normal for kids to have different behaviors with each parent. I had to go to bed at 7:30 last night and it took him 2 hours to fall asleep...needless to say it was all 4 of us in my bed, thank God it's a king.
Bella woke up with diarrhea and a high fever this morning and I was rushing as it was because we had ST at 8:45. Chris came home to help out with Bella while I did the session with Christopher. It was nice because he got to participate today and see Christopher's progression with the ST. She asked Chris how he thought Chrissy was doing to address his concerns. She told him that Chrissy is doing excellent for where she would want him to be, making steady progress, one block at a time (her words). It's always reassuring to hear it from the professionals that we are doing the right thing. The session was good...he was tired (because he was up at 5:00 am) but she was able to spark his interest, even getting him to say his OWN name for the first time...this was HUGE! Definetly one for the books so I was thrilled.
She noticed that he was not bringing his two hands/arms together at his midsection to use together while scooping with the macaroni bin. He was even using his left hand to scoop, which he usually uses his right. Hmm...this is for the OT (occupational therapist), which we should be getting that evaluation scheduled for next week. I am anxious for that to start because I know there is a lot of work to be done in the department for him. I'll be interested to see how his speech improves because of it.
I set Bella up on the couch this afternoon and brought her a juice box. Well of course as soon as he saw that he lost control of his body (Carly knows what I mean by that). His excitement level is so high that he literally can't control his actions. His arms start flapping and he dances. It was funny at first when we didn't know why he was doing it, but now it worries me. Anyway, I got him a juice box when I asked him to tell me "juice please" and he did. He was drinking away and then he went up to Bella and touched her juice box with his and said "CHEERS!"...I was so happy. So he did it again, but this time he actually engaged her by saying "Bella, Cheers!" then went up to Chris and said "Daddy, Cheers!". That was great...something to really toast! But of course, the one who carried him for 9 months, he doesn't regard. Oh well...he could tell me to go take a shit and as long as he actually said those words, I would toast to that.
Bella woke up with diarrhea and a high fever this morning and I was rushing as it was because we had ST at 8:45. Chris came home to help out with Bella while I did the session with Christopher. It was nice because he got to participate today and see Christopher's progression with the ST. She asked Chris how he thought Chrissy was doing to address his concerns. She told him that Chrissy is doing excellent for where she would want him to be, making steady progress, one block at a time (her words). It's always reassuring to hear it from the professionals that we are doing the right thing. The session was good...he was tired (because he was up at 5:00 am) but she was able to spark his interest, even getting him to say his OWN name for the first time...this was HUGE! Definetly one for the books so I was thrilled.
She noticed that he was not bringing his two hands/arms together at his midsection to use together while scooping with the macaroni bin. He was even using his left hand to scoop, which he usually uses his right. Hmm...this is for the OT (occupational therapist), which we should be getting that evaluation scheduled for next week. I am anxious for that to start because I know there is a lot of work to be done in the department for him. I'll be interested to see how his speech improves because of it.
I set Bella up on the couch this afternoon and brought her a juice box. Well of course as soon as he saw that he lost control of his body (Carly knows what I mean by that). His excitement level is so high that he literally can't control his actions. His arms start flapping and he dances. It was funny at first when we didn't know why he was doing it, but now it worries me. Anyway, I got him a juice box when I asked him to tell me "juice please" and he did. He was drinking away and then he went up to Bella and touched her juice box with his and said "CHEERS!"...I was so happy. So he did it again, but this time he actually engaged her by saying "Bella, Cheers!" then went up to Chris and said "Daddy, Cheers!". That was great...something to really toast! But of course, the one who carried him for 9 months, he doesn't regard. Oh well...he could tell me to go take a shit and as long as he actually said those words, I would toast to that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment