July 3, 2009

Some Fascinating Statistics

So I read this and wondered if these numbers were higher than Jon and Kate's. It is so sad that some autistic kids have to endure their parent's divorce on top of everything else they go through in their lives...that's damaging for these kids.

With the divorce rate in the autism community verging on 70% within the first five years of diagnosis and 90% within the first ten, parents are faced with a multitude of special challenges with helping everyone adjust to the unfamiliar.

Don't worry people, we aren't headed for divorce court. In fact I believe our marriage has evolved just as we have adjusted personally to all of it. I am convinced that God has a plan for Chris and I. I believe we are soul mates (for those of you who believe in that stuff) and just like anyone else, we have endured tough times as individuals and as a couple. I am not being overly confident when I say that I have been blessed with the gift of a wonderful marriage with the best human being I could possibly have by my side. How lucky am I?

No comments: