July 14, 2009
Gotta Get It Out
My insides are screaming. Last week we were at the playground and there was another family there and I immediately noticed a certain little boy. He could have been 6 months older than Chris and I all I needed to do was take notice of his mannerisms and I knew. I walked over to Chris and asked him if he noticed that little boy and he said "Yup"...so we were on the same page. I practically stalked this little boy and his father around the playground, trying to speak loud to Christopher so the father could here the way I was talking. We autism families speak our own language, but it really isn't only with kids on the spectrum, it could be any child that has developmental delays. I just wanted so badly to approach this parent but I can't be making an assumptions on someone's else's kid. Some parents live in such denial over it that they actually get offended when someone makes a mention of it to them. That wasn't me at all, but how do I know it's not that father? So when I watched them walk off the playground to the parking lot and then into their car, my insides were raging. I am so disgusted with autism today I can't even begin to tell you.
Please keep my friend Katie and her family in your thoughts. They had a evaluation at Strong today and a lot of major life issues are at stake based on this report. So I am not the only autism mother who is having a bad day today...all we can ask for is a better day tomorrow for both our children and ourselves.
Please keep my friend Katie and her family in your thoughts. They had a evaluation at Strong today and a lot of major life issues are at stake based on this report. So I am not the only autism mother who is having a bad day today...all we can ask for is a better day tomorrow for both our children and ourselves.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I will pray for Katie, her family, and your family. I also wish you a much better day.
Love,
Mary Jo
Post a Comment