June 25, 2009
Need All The Prayers and Good Wishes We Can Get
Tomorrow is a BIG day. It is THE day when we meet with the Webster school district to determine what September will bring for Chris. It is a big meeting with board members from the district as well as all of our team. We had a meeting on Monday morning with all of our team to prepare and make sure we present our case to the district as well as possible. We are hoping for the approval for Chris to go to St. James preschool 5 days a week in the a.m. and then have additional services in the p.m. at home. It's intense but the more the better and I want it ALL. We are encountering some issues with getting his OT approved because he did not initially qualify before we got the diagnosis and just because we have a diagnosis now doesn't mean that he can get everything and anything. Our team is working on it diligently and prepared new test scores and a legit and concrete case to present to the school district so that Chris can get OT. He needs it badly, mostly because of his sensory issues, but also because his sensory issues pose a safety risk to him. Not that he is banging his head against the wall, but he is unaware of his surroundings and would walk right out into the street without even knowing that a car is a threat. He doesn't understand "hot" and would grab a pan off the stove amoung many other things. I know that a lot of kids are like this and yes they are, but not at 3 years old. I keep having to remind myself and others that his developmental age is significantly below that...like 20 months old, not even sometimes. So we're asking for all the good wishes and prayers from you guys. I am hopeful that Chris will get what he needs...I'm secretly keeping my fingers crossed.
It's been a while since I posted and lots of stuff has happened. Sometimes at the end of the day the last thing I want to do is rehash life over here, lately I've been trying to mostly escape it once everyone is in bed. I can see how people become alcoholics to deal with issues in their lives...no I am not becoming an alcoholic (don't worry Steph), but I am finding that I am really enjoying my glass of wine in the evening. In the beginning it was all research and reading nightly and I have somewhat taken a break from it because I think I pretty much earned a Phd in autism over the past couple of months. I can probably diagnose anyone's child...God knows I am always evaluating other people's kids when I am around them. Don't get paranoid people...I can't help myself. I should note that my grandmother is sick with lymphoma and seeing her the way she is, which is so unlike her, is sad. I really don't have time for anything else with what I have going on over here, but whatever time I do have left lately, is for her. My house might not get cleaned, but if it makes her feel better to have a clean house (she is OCD when it comes to her house) I'll find the time to get over there to help her feel better about it. So those are the main reasons I am really enjoying my wine.
So enough about me...Chris is doing awesome! He hit a little plateau last week which had me in a tizzy, but he's creeping out of it and still making progress daily. He started his Omega 3, 6, and 9's last week and will start his multivitamin next week. So it's a slow progression getting started on the supplements, but it takes him time to get used to taking them, etc. and it is going just fine, so far. We're always trying new things and I made a GFCF pumpkin bread this week that the kids have been going hogwild for. I finally took a leap and made my organic GFCF sauce and even went as far as making eggplant with it. It was great, I didn't even miss the grated cheese probably because I haven't had it in so long anyway. I know the cheese makes the meatballs and the sauce, but I just couldn't stoop so low and make meatballs without cheese...it probably would have tasted like a hamburger in sauce. I can add hard boiled eggs to the sauce though and I love eggs in the sauce. All of this by the way Christopher does NOT eat. We met with the nutritionist and she said that we are doing everything the way we should be. Our first priority is to make sure he is getting the vitamins that he needs daily and if that means mostly by supplements for now that is okay. The plan to get him to actually eat the protein in the form of meat, etc. is for down the road.
I'm looking forward to Christmas already and today is the first really hot day of summer. I had an urge to put on Xmas music this morning and the kids got a kick out of it. Had fun dancing...I love watching Chris dance...he does this little two step around and around in a circle, then looks up at me and says "I dancing" and he was so proud of himself. Speaking of proud, I am so proud of my girl. I have been looking at her lately with such a sense of pride. She has adapted to our new life just fine and has been such a wonderful help with Chris and things in general. She truly has all of the classic characteristics of the first born child and big sister. We're taking bets on when her first tooth is going to fall out...should be any day now because it's starting to dangle. Wondering what the tooth fairy pays out these days...
It's been a while since I posted and lots of stuff has happened. Sometimes at the end of the day the last thing I want to do is rehash life over here, lately I've been trying to mostly escape it once everyone is in bed. I can see how people become alcoholics to deal with issues in their lives...no I am not becoming an alcoholic (don't worry Steph), but I am finding that I am really enjoying my glass of wine in the evening. In the beginning it was all research and reading nightly and I have somewhat taken a break from it because I think I pretty much earned a Phd in autism over the past couple of months. I can probably diagnose anyone's child...God knows I am always evaluating other people's kids when I am around them. Don't get paranoid people...I can't help myself. I should note that my grandmother is sick with lymphoma and seeing her the way she is, which is so unlike her, is sad. I really don't have time for anything else with what I have going on over here, but whatever time I do have left lately, is for her. My house might not get cleaned, but if it makes her feel better to have a clean house (she is OCD when it comes to her house) I'll find the time to get over there to help her feel better about it. So those are the main reasons I am really enjoying my wine.
So enough about me...Chris is doing awesome! He hit a little plateau last week which had me in a tizzy, but he's creeping out of it and still making progress daily. He started his Omega 3, 6, and 9's last week and will start his multivitamin next week. So it's a slow progression getting started on the supplements, but it takes him time to get used to taking them, etc. and it is going just fine, so far. We're always trying new things and I made a GFCF pumpkin bread this week that the kids have been going hogwild for. I finally took a leap and made my organic GFCF sauce and even went as far as making eggplant with it. It was great, I didn't even miss the grated cheese probably because I haven't had it in so long anyway. I know the cheese makes the meatballs and the sauce, but I just couldn't stoop so low and make meatballs without cheese...it probably would have tasted like a hamburger in sauce. I can add hard boiled eggs to the sauce though and I love eggs in the sauce. All of this by the way Christopher does NOT eat. We met with the nutritionist and she said that we are doing everything the way we should be. Our first priority is to make sure he is getting the vitamins that he needs daily and if that means mostly by supplements for now that is okay. The plan to get him to actually eat the protein in the form of meat, etc. is for down the road.
I'm looking forward to Christmas already and today is the first really hot day of summer. I had an urge to put on Xmas music this morning and the kids got a kick out of it. Had fun dancing...I love watching Chris dance...he does this little two step around and around in a circle, then looks up at me and says "I dancing" and he was so proud of himself. Speaking of proud, I am so proud of my girl. I have been looking at her lately with such a sense of pride. She has adapted to our new life just fine and has been such a wonderful help with Chris and things in general. She truly has all of the classic characteristics of the first born child and big sister. We're taking bets on when her first tooth is going to fall out...should be any day now because it's starting to dangle. Wondering what the tooth fairy pays out these days...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Fingers crossed for you tomorrow for you guys! BTW - Mackenzie just lost her first tooth and she got $20!!! (Take that one up with Ange!)
Love to all of you.
yeas ma'am! 20 bucks for tooth # one! get that wallet out cuz! good luck tomorrow! i;ll call ya. love ang
Post a Comment