June 26, 2009

It's All Good

I am beyond exhausted so I must keep it short. Today's meeting with the school district went way beyond well and we got everything we wanted and MORE. Here's the breakdown...

Got a spot in the integrated (8 special needs kids and 8 typical kids) class at St. James. This is huge because we wanted St. James but all that was open at the time was the class with all special needs kids. The integrated class is more fitting for him and as of just yesterday, a Webster kid dropped out of the program and opened up a spot for Chris. That is what you call divine intervention people.

He will also get speech 2x/week, special ed 2x/week and OT 1x/week in the afternoons after school. It is a lot, but it is more than we were asking for and like I said, I'll take EVERYTHING for him. All great news, we are relieved and excited for the Fall now...Bella the big first grader and Chris getting the top notch, best education plan out there for someone with his needs...I am beyond grateful today.

1 comment:

Trina said...

Congratulations!! Looking forward to seeing you this week.