July 28, 2010

A New Home

A lot has changed and I have decided that it is time to move on from the format I previously used in this blog for recording our dealings related to autism. I had an eye opening experience that will change a lot of what and how I write. My hope is to become an autism blogger who writes not only about the daily triumphs and challenges of our life for those who know us personally and for those who do not, but who also continues to spread awareness of what I feel is important and requires the attention of those who want to be the change they would like to see in this world.

So with that said, we are well aware that there is a lot of drama associated with autism. There will probably be a lot of ranting and raving about everything from mainstream medicine practices, public health issues and healthy living, to how this all began for us; autism treatment. It will be raw at times, but life only allows us to live in the moment, and my writing may reflect that. I will say what a lot of folks really would like to say but don't because of public perception.

Because this blog will now be open to the entire world of cyberspace, I am going to use fictional names for my family members that I write about. I will refer to our service providers and teachers as the role they play (OT, PT, Speech, etc.) but will name names when it comes to the doctors who are treating Chris in hopes that someone else might benefit from our experience. Chris Sr. will be known as Senior, Chris Jr. will be known as Junior, and Isabella will be known as Bee.

We are embarking on the next chapter of our journey and I would like to invite you all to join us at our new home, Adventures In Autism which can be found at
http://ciardiautismadventures.blogspot.com/.