January 20, 2010
ME?!, Really?!
Something occurred to me while I was doing laundry tonight. And that is how I would have never imagined myself in the role I am in now. I would have never imagined living my life as a mother of a child on the autism spectrum, not that anyone would ever imagine that for themselves. I never would have imagined it being MY kid, I mean, sure as the numbers are on the uprise, we were all about to know someone in our circle who would have a child affected, but ME? Talking to Chris' teacher Jackie this morning, I explained to her who I used to be in my past life. Chris and the entire population of people with special needs have taught me more than I can ever sum up in words and I have become a different kind of person because of it.
My new gig besides being mom to Bella and Chris...autism awareness advocate. I think I am on to something good, it just feels so right...it's almost magical and I'll tell you all about it this weekend.
My new gig besides being mom to Bella and Chris...autism awareness advocate. I think I am on to something good, it just feels so right...it's almost magical and I'll tell you all about it this weekend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That is really a tease!!! I can't wait to read what you are on to. I hope Christopher has gotten back on track since the holidays!
when do I get to hear about this idea?? I am sure if is fantastic...
I would completely agree that I have learned so much from my son, his therapists, other children and moms that I would have never meet had my life gone in a different direction. ALthough there still are so many struggles I am hoping that I have grown as a woman and mother :-)
Post a Comment