November 13, 2009
An Amazing Woman
She is not aware of this, but Stephanie Shirley has come into my life and shown me what a truly amazing woman and mother is like and given me a new perspective on what is important. Life needs to have meaning, and just as Stephanie has found new meaning in her grief, I've decided that I am going to aim high for making the life that I have been so very blessed with, meaningful in so very many ways.
Stephanie was honored for her unbelievable efforts for raising not only money, but also awareness for some very special babies in our community in memory of her daughter Katie today. I cannot imagine how powerful a moment it was when they called her name.
I've been wondering since Christopher's diagnosis what the silver lining was going to be and I am now starting to see it all unfold. It's my new path, my purpose, my way of making my life meaningful for my family and I am so thrilled. Lately, I find myself often thinking of how my daughter as an adult, will remember the kind of mother I was. I let that determine a lot lately, especially in my effort to make life more meaningful for us.
For anyone who is interested in hosting a house party or purchasing bracelets, check out the Katie Shirley's Closet website and don't forget to read all about Daystar.
Stephanie was honored for her unbelievable efforts for raising not only money, but also awareness for some very special babies in our community in memory of her daughter Katie today. I cannot imagine how powerful a moment it was when they called her name.
I've been wondering since Christopher's diagnosis what the silver lining was going to be and I am now starting to see it all unfold. It's my new path, my purpose, my way of making my life meaningful for my family and I am so thrilled. Lately, I find myself often thinking of how my daughter as an adult, will remember the kind of mother I was. I let that determine a lot lately, especially in my effort to make life more meaningful for us.
For anyone who is interested in hosting a house party or purchasing bracelets, check out the Katie Shirley's Closet website and don't forget to read all about Daystar.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment